Opening RTF files on Chromebooks in Canvas
Last modified on 09/16/2020
This article will walk students through how to save an RTF file and then open it in Google Drive.
Saving & Editing RTF Files from Canvas
(Example above the Biology Notebook file "01.01 Exploring Life Biology Notebook" is an RTF file)
Step by Step
- Click the RTF file link to download. (TTSD student Chromebooks save directly to the student's Google Drive)
- Click "Google Drive" in the Canvas course navigation menu.
- Authorize Google Drive, if necessary (otherwise skip to step 4)
- Click "Authorize"
- Log in with TTSD Student Google account
- Click "Allow"
- The RTF file will be listed at the top (most recent file). Click Open.
- Click "Open in Google Drive" (from the top of the window)
- The file will now be opened & saved with the same name in Google Drive.
You now have a personal and editable copy of the RTF file in your Google Drive.