How to fix microphone issues on the ipad
1. Test the Microphone on Your Device, from the springboard of your iOS device, tap on Extras and then tap on Voice Memos to launch the voice recording app. When the app opens, tap on the record button and speak something into the microphone on your device. Record for about a few seconds and then stop it. Then, play the recording and see if you can hear your voice. If you can, then the app you were using had issues. If you can’t, the issue remains with your microphone and read on to learn how to fix it.
2. Restart Your iOS Device, Restart your device to fix the microphone not working issue is common advice that everybody gives, as it seems to be working in a lot of iPhone/iPad problems. Press and hold down the Power button on your device until you see the turn off slider. When it appears, drag the slider and turn off your device. When your device is fully turned off, press the Power button again and it will turn on. You may now check with an app that uses your microphone to see if your microphone now works.
3. Reset All the Settings on Your Device, Open the Settings app on your device and tap on General followed by Reset. It will open the reset settings for you. On the reset screen, tap on the option that says Reset All Settings and follow the on-screen instructions. Your device settings should be fully reset and you can then try to use the microphone and see if it works.
4. Update Your Device to the Latest iOS Version, Open the Settings app and tap on General followed by Software Update. If you find an update is available for your device, download the update and install it on your device. Depending on the size of the update, it may take a few minutes to even hours to download and install the update on your device. Once it’s done, check if your microphone is working.
5. Check Audio Permission for Apps on Your Device, Tap on Settings on your device and open Privacy followed by Microphone. On this screen, you will see what apps can access your microphone. Ensure the toggle next to the app you want to use microphone with is turned on. If it’s not, turn it on. Open the app to see if you can now use it.
6. Unplug External Devices Plugged Into the Headphone Jack, If you’ve got some devices, such as an external earphone or something like that, have that unplugged from your device, as it could be causing the microphone issue. Your device may be trying to use the microphone on the connected device but that device may have a broken microphone. Get everything disconnected from the headphone jack and see if that resolves the microphone not working issue for you.